Friday, November 27, 2009

"Give This Christmas Away"

“Give This Christmas Away” by Matthew West is a must-read for anyone who is looking for different ways to give this Christmas. West gives the reader 101 ideas to touch a person’s life and to help make this Christmas one that you won’t forget! I received a complimentary copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers, and was excited to read it to see how my family and I could give to those around us. A lot of the ideas in the book are things that the whole family can be involved in. I am looking forward to teaching my kids how to give from their heart. I want them to see that a gift doesn’t necessarily have to be something that you buy, but it’s the thought behind the gift that can make a difference. From shoveling a driveway to restoring broken friendships, West inspires readers to give from their heart the way the Lord would want us to give. The ideas that are given aren’t just ways to give at Christmastime. Many of the things can be done for someone throughout the year. Read the book and see how the Lord can use you to make a difference in someone else’s life this Christmas and the whole year through.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

sounds like an interesting book!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading it, but not as quickly as you did!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Sounds like a great book to teach your children. I am sure we all could learn from it.