Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wants and Needs

Too many thoughts keep shooting through my brain. Why can't I ever paint my nails like the idea in my head? Why do my kids choose not to do their chores when they know they'll be in trouble for it later? What should I make for supper tonight, or any night this week, for that matter? Why did Chloe just yell that Jamie was going to burn the house down? Do I really want to buy a sewing machine? Will I use it? 

Sigh.

I feel like I have so many things I need to do, and so many things I want to do, that at times I just don't want to do anything. 

I want to take up sewing. I want to go digital with my scrapbooking. (That IS going to happen!) I want to learn (again) how to play the piano. I want to organize things in my house. I want to practice drawing on my chalkboard cupboard door. I want to get rid of some of my clothes. I want to get rid of some of my scrapbooking/crafty things. I want to exercise. (Maybe that should fall under the need to do list. Yes, I'm sure it should.) I want to load music on my iPod. I want to read my book. 

But then, there's the things I need to do, and it's not that I don't want to do the things I need to do. I do want to do them...they just aren't always that fun. I need to do laundry. I need to mop the kitchen floor. I need to clean out the fridge. I need to finish projects I started - which could be fun, depending on my mood. I need to clean in general. I need to make a menu plan for the week, make a grocery list and go grocery shopping. 

See...doesn't sound fun, does it? 

I'm praying that the Lord would give me a different mindset, so that I may accomplish the things I need to do, and still have time to do the things I want to do. Otherwise, I think my brain may continue to have this tug of war. 

Okay...off to do something!


Signature

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Some of your thoughts made me giggle. I have a racing mind like that too. I tend to procrastinate on what I need to do and end up on Facebook or Pinterest. Sigh.
Not to mention I have a lot of things I want to do to...but my problem is I don't have the money to do most of it! (Which is why I look fondly at Pinterest. Haha!)

Anyway, I don't have any good advice, since I'm a procrastinater, but I will pray for you! :)

Also...do tell me how you made your signature at the bottom of your post! (And YIPEE SKIPEE for blogging!)

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Wow you and Rachel crack me up! Why, because I can tell you too that there is so many things "I want" and need to do. I think I shall do that on my next post. Thanks for the idea! I will pray too that "your prayer will be answered". :)