Friday, November 19, 2010

It's only been since March...

I doubt anyone will read this since I haven't blogged in a coon's age, but I thought I'd give it a whirl! I have so many thoughts in my head, so please excuse the ever-present randomness.

  • So surgery. That went well, or so I'm told. I found it odd that I had no pain. So do other people. It's fine by me, but honestly, the most pain I've felt through the whole thing was a sore throat from my NG tube. And I have a small infection. Not gonna lie - it hurt when the doctor cleaned it out yesterday. Keith has to clean it out for me twice a day, but I can tolerate it now. Okay...so last night it took a half an hour for me to let him do it, but I was much better about it today. :) I still get tired pretty easily, which September can vouch for. I'm trying to rest up so I can go back to work on the 29th. I think I'll be ready!
  • Buddy. Oh, Buddy. He's lucky he's cute. Although, I just left my office for a minute, and when I came back he had peed on the floor. Again. This is the 7th time. I know, I know. My bad for not shutting the door. But really, I will love him MUCH more after he's potty trained and grown out of his I'm-a-puppy-so-I'm-teething-and-I'm-going-to-bite-everything-including-the-sock-off-Chloe's-foot stage.
  • I have a new set of drawers in my office that allow me much more space to store things. It makes me happy! I can't stop thinking about all these projects I want to do (and finish). Once I get all my stuff organized, I can start (FINISH) some.
  • I would appreciate prayers for my Grandpa and our family. His health is failing quickly. I think his heart is so broken over the loss of my Grandma, he just has lost the will to live. He's ready to go Home. Even though we will miss him, that's just where he wants to be. It is very hard on my mom and her brothers. Thank you for your prayers.
Well, I hope this is a new start for me, blog-wise. I can't promise when I will blog again, but I think you will survive. ;)



5 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!! A post from Emily! :) I've missed you, so hopefully you'll get a chance to update sometimes. I thought you'd given it up for good.

I'm glad you haven't had a lot of pain. That's pretty amazing. Must've been all those people praying for you.

Looking forward to meeting Buddy...but he best not be biting my Christmas socks off! ;)

Praying for comfort for your family. Your grandpa will be in a better place, but it's never easy to say goodbye.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I read! I'm excited to read! Keep it up! Loveyou!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

So glad to see this post! I have been wondering how it all went. Like Rachel said, "glad there was no pain". However; that doesn't sound good to have Keith to clean it...but you gotta do it!
I'm excited that you are excited about finishing up some projects. I haven't done anything "crafty" in so long...of course nothing I ever did compares to yours - you are SO TALENTED!!! Bless your Grandpa's heart - I am sure he really does miss "his wife" so very much!

September said...

I read it when you posted it and am now getting a chance to comment!! But I read it too!

I will vouch for your easy exhaustion. But it's to be expected so I don't mind :)

We'll get those drawers organized! First, I need to convince you that less is more ;)

Love you!!

September said...

(P.S. I dig the new background. Very chic.)