Friday, July 17, 2009

Have your cake and eat it, too!

If you know me well enough, then you know that it's no secret that I like cake. I like it a lot, actually. I can't help it. Sometimes I dream about it. I'm pretty sure I will tonight.

When I was out with Linda tonight (sadly, no cake was had) we were talking about all the shows on TV about cake. There's Ace of Cakes, which is my favorite. I also enjoy Cake Boss, though I do find him rather bossy. And I occasionally catch Amazing Wedding Cakes, which I also love.

I find some of the creations on these shows to be simply amazing. They can take something so simple and make it look so real! My one complaint about these bakeries, though, is that some of them are on the second floor. They always seem to run into problems when they are trying to get the cakes downstairs. I don't get it. Why don't they just use the first floor for these kinds of things? I mean, if you know that a cake is going to weight a heck of a lot, then why don't you decorate it downstairs so you can just take it right out the door? It makes sense to me, but then again, I don't work there so what do I know?

I also enjoy blogs about cake. :) My favorites is Cake Wrecks. It pretty much rocks. I love seeing all the horrible looking cakes. It's pretty fun! Of course, on Sundays they show the nice cakes, and they are usually pretty cool. My favorite recently was the cake about The Poky Little Puppy. I love that book and the cake was so realistic! Search for it on Cake Wrecks - it is really neat!

Linda told me about this other site, and I spent some time looking at it tonight. It has some very yummy looking things on it, including cake pops, which are simply adorable! So creative!

Sweet dreams, everyone! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of fun tonight! Thanks for a great time. Hey, did you happen to see the burgers and fries on Bakerella? Check this out!!! http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/06/fast-food-fun.html

Now I want cake. ; )

Emily said...

Yes, I saw those acually on Cake Wrecks! She linked to them. :)

Rachel said...

I love Ace of Cakes too! They make the coolest things and I love the people on that show.
I haven't watch Cake Boss because whenever I see the commercials that guy's voice annoys me so much I don't think I could handle it!

Love Cake Wrecks...and Bakerella looks promising. :)

I want cake now.

September said...

Mmm... Cake.


I love those shows. I watch all of them as well. 'Cept it's not a good idea when you're really hungry and you're trying to be good...

Alice H said...

I watch the cake shows too. BTW, I just got a copy of The Poky Little Puppy from the resale shop for $2 and it's the giant size for reading to a group. We loved that book and the illustrations are so cute. Love you, Emily!