I am still tired from this past weekend, so I may not be able to type everything that I want to say, but I will try.
Awhile back, my co-workers and I decided to go to the David C00k concert at the Jones County Fair. We had watched the season of A merican Ido1 when he won, and we thought it would be fun to go! We were not wrong.
First of all, I hadn't been to a fair in many moons. The last one I even remember was with my aunt when I was younger. It was the first time I had cheddar cheese nuggets and rode a Tilt-A-Whirl! Yipppeeee Skippppeee! (That's for you, Rach!) Anyway, I realized once we got there, that we were in fried food heaven. Crissie and I started out with a corn dog. YUM! Then we decided that the fair wouldn't be complete without funnel cake.
However, we did not finish it even though we were sharing. I just couldn't do it!
Then we went to see the bear show, only it was already over. They still had the bears out, though! They were kinda cute.
Then we decided to walk around. I somehow ended up with a rib eye sandwich in my hand, so I decided to eat it. It was pretty tasty. Then Crissie bribed me with ice cream - she wanted me to go look at the shark tanks. I did. They were little things, so I didn't really care. By the time we were done, I didn't want ice cream anymore.
We finally decided to go sit in our seats for the concert. It was really good, complete with fireworks at the end! We had to watch it mostly on the big scree as our seats were not the best, but it was still fun.
Unfortunately, my husband had our better camera on his trip and my pictures didn't turn out that great. But I will share one anyway...
After the fireworks, we left. Of course, we got stuck in traffic and I *really* had to use the bathroom. Had to stop at the gas station, where there was a long line for the bathroom. Oh, well.
On our way home, this giant tour bus pulled up beside us. We were thinking maybe it was him. Then someone looked out the window. Yeah, it was! Obviously, I was driving, so no picture. :(
We didn't get home until after 12:30. Ugh! (Thanks to my parents for watching the Littles.) :)
The next day we all left again to go to Des Moines to see Shawn J0hns0n and Friends! We were going to get to see DWTS people, and we were excited as we all watch that show, too! We left about 4ish and drove to Newton where we ate supper. Crissie paid for my supper since I never got my ice cream bribe. ;)
Pretty soon we were on our way to Des Moines again. We found parking and then walked to the arena to get our seats. We had a 5th co-worker meeting us there and the girls from the other office were there, too.
Our seats weren't bad. Again, I wished I had my better camera. You will see that my pictures didn't turn out that great, but I'm thankful for what I have. Here we go!

The U of I Spirit Squad was there. They were really good. I loved how they were performing in Cyclone country. :)

Derek and Mark from
DWTS have their own band. They were surprisingly good! They had a lot of energy, that's for sure!

Gilles and Cheryl from
the last season were there and danced a couple numbers. They are good! He was the 2
nd runner-up from that season.

Derek danced with four girls (and one male security guard) from
the audience. When he said he didn't have a partner, I knew what was coming! See, this is where better seats
could've paid off, but
nooooo! Of course, some of those girls were kind of thrown around like a rag doll! :)

Derek and Chelsea (or is it Chelsie - I can't
remember!) dancing.
Mark and Kristi Yamaguchi - the winners from the previous season. Apparently he has good luck with Olympians.

They had a bunch of local schools that performed. This school was really good!

And Mark & Shawn danced their freestyle number.
The show was over soon after that. They were other performers from DWTS, but I'm too tired to load all the pictures. You'll have to see them on Facebook. :) When I get to load them, that is.
We had to wait for the crowds to thin out after the show. We waited in the parking lot for about 20 minutes before leaving. We had to drive down a one way street to go around the arena to get back to the interstate. I was going slow so I wouldn't miss my left turn. All of a sudden, my friends start yelling! I looked out the window and there goes Derek, running by our van! Once again, no picture! Grrr!
We had a fun trip home, but again, didn't get home until 12:30. I'm quite surprised we all survived Monday!
4 comments:
That funnel cake looks good! Never had one. : (
I'm glad you were able to get away and have fun.
Sounds like a wonderful time, Emily. Great memories with friends. Road trips are the best!
Look! I am finally commenting on your blog. I really truely read it when you posted it. It looked like a fun time and I am quite jealous of the funnel cake.
Hello Stranger,
This is the "R" of Remily speaking...and I would really really REALLY like it if you blogged again. I miss it!
I know. I'm not supposed to pressure you...but I miss your blogs!
Plus I miss you too!
Post a Comment