Thursday, March 12, 2009

Introducing....

Chloe!!!

Chloe became an "official" member of our family today! Of course, we are the only family she's ever known, but now we have papers to prove it! Court was fun today. We ended up having the same judge that we did for Jamie and Miesha's adoption hearing last year. He did remember us. We had a lot of people in the courtroom. Our family, friends, case workers - who have become our friends - and it was a packed room! The judge made a joke about how we had our own Verizon network" with us. :) Also, when Chloe's GAL was talking about how she was so sick and little when she first came to us, and now she is a little pudgy, the judge said to be careful because Chloe was "taking notes". She happened to be coloring at the time! :) It was a fun time, filled with joy and thankfulness!

Chloe came to us when she was only 10 days old. She was incredibly tiny. I don't think that I had ever seen, or had to be responsible for, such a tiny little baby. She's not tiny anymore, but there's just more of her to love. And we couldn't love her any less if we tried.

I'm so excited to share her with you, but I've decided not to post a ton of pictures like I once did for Jamie and Miesha. I have been thinking more and more about posting pictures of them online, and have decided that I don't really want a ton of pictures of my kids floating around out there. If this site was password protected, it might be a different story, but since I don't want to do that, you will have to check them out on Facebook or ask me to email them. I will post them occasionally, just not all the time. I also would appreciate it if others did the same. Thanks for understanding!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great morning Emily. We're so proud of you and that guy you married!

Anonymous said...

The Verizon Network is sooooooo a scrapbook page waiting to happen! ha.

I respect your choice to not post a ton of pictures out here. I think I would be the same way. You're forcing me to keep that stupid facebook account aren't you!

I was thrilled to see the same judge too! Love you.

Mandie said...

Congrats Emily! I'm excited for you guys. What joy!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I can remember the night you had Chloe in your arms at that 10 day old stage! I admired you and Keith so much for that. Now, seeing her so healthy and happy - God did good!!! PRAISE THE LORD for Chloe Pitts!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember "baby's first scrapbook trip?"

Deb said...

I saw Cloe not 15 minutes after Keith got her. He came out to the church kitchen so excited and said "Deb, come see the baby I just got" I thought he was kidding. I couldn't believe how little she was. You and Keith have done so good with her; and Jamie and Miesha; they have blossoms so much. Congratulations, love you all!!

Alice H said...

In a word, ADORABLE!