Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here I am...

...I was hiding for awhile. Okay, I was really just procrastinating on writing a new post. It's not that I don't like to post. It's just that I have lots of other things to do and at the end of the day, I'm just too tired.

On Saturday, the kids and I took a never-to-be-repeated-without-Keith trip with my parents to visit my grandparents in Waterloo. The kids were seriously out of control. Not so much C, but J & M were NUTS. Okay, not so much M, but J was CRAZY. I know you are all sitting so surprised at that fact. Haha.

Anyway, after our short visit we went to eat at Famous Dave's. It was yummy! C saw a guy there with a long white beard. She said, "Oh. There's Santa Claus. Ho. ho, ho." It was pretty funny!

Then on Sunday, J was even naughtier than he was on Saturday. (Sorry, Jolene!) He told me he didn't love me. :( Even though he's 4 and I KNOW he didn't mean it, I was still sad. He is sure going through a phase. Watch out. Seriously. Don't awake the beast!

I meant to share this story last week or so, but I never did. (See first paragraph of this post.) When I was planning for C's adoption, I was going to have her wear this cute little dress Keith's parents had bought her. It ended up being so cold before the actual day of the hearing that I wanted her to wear something else. My parents went to Von Maur and got some cute outfits off the clearance rack. This one they got was from a company called Giggle M00n. I was trying to decide which one would be perfect for the special day. Then I looked at the tags and I knew which one she should wear.


Surely this was a sign! Not that I believe in signs per se, but I thought that it was very fitting and true for the special day! It was just really cool to see that verse on a clothing tag. I had never even heard of that brand and my parents never even saw the tag until I showed it to my dad when he dropped the clothes off at my office. She sure did look cute in it, too! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that little outfit she had on! Pink is her signature color! Ha. I agree, the tag was perfect for the occasion.

Sorry that Saturday was so crazy for you. It was great to see you post although I know that you are tired tonight. Sleep well.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Looks like you had your hands full there! I just wanted to let you know too that I can do power point Sunday - for I love to hear you sing! Also Jaimie loves you, he is really trying his best to "test" you. He needs to know that he will always be special to you -- just my thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Actually, your mom did not do the shopping. I want all the credit! : )

I remember when you once told me you didn't love me. I responded, "you're crazy about me and you know it! You tried not to smile but ended up laughing.

Anonymous said...

That tag is really cool! I thought the outfit she was wearing was really cute on her, too.

Sorry about your rough day with the kids. Hope this week has been better.

Love you!