Boring title, right? I just couldn't think of anything else.
I am foregoing Tasty Tuesday to bring you the festivities of Christmas at our house. A good time was had by all, even with the fretting I did the night before Christmas Eve. I thought I didn't have good enough presents for Miesha to open. I think it was because The Littles had some bigger presents and Miesha's were smaller things. I worried for nothing, but that's the story of my life.
Anyway...we went out to J & M's grandparents' house on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. They live out on a farm and we had to take a back road to get there. Well, that wasn't going to happen. We got stuck. Visions of not being able to attend the Christmas Eve service flashed through my head. Thankfully, they did not come to fruition. Keith was able to back us out of the drift in which we were stuck, and back to the main road. We were able to go down another road to take us there. It was a much clearer road and I didn't understand why we don't take that road to begin with.
We had lots of fun while we were there! Santa came for a visit which scared Jamie witless. He would not go near him, but he was sure eyeing the candy. Their grandparents' are sweet in that they always buy something for Chloe to open, and a little something for us. It's so nice of them. They always make us feel welcome! They made a big dinner and it was gooood!
After we left there, we went to church to practice for the Christmas Eve service. Miesha sang a song with me, even thought for a split second I thought she was going to change her mind. When it was time for us to go up to sing, she started to shake her head no, and I was like, "Oh, no you don't. You are coming up with me to sing!" It was a kids song for crying out loud. I sure wasn't going to sing it alone.
After church, I took some pictures. I wish I could show all of them, but I can't.

The next morning we got up early and opened presents. (Actually, we opened our presents from Linda and John the night before. They spoiled all of us.) It took Jamie awhile to wake up and get into it. Shocking, right? He was excited to get Iron Man and Buzz Lightyear to play with.
Miesha was exited about her presents (Phew!). She scored many games for her DS between us and all her grandparents.

I wish I could post a picture of Chloe as she opened her things. She loved her new Pooh and Piglet bath toy, even though later as she was taking a bath, she put Piglet in time-out. Right behind the shampoo. She wouldn't tell me what he did. The highlight for her, though, was a new kitchen. It will never match up to my old one, but I think she will make do. ;) The one we got her came with a play phone. She immediately picked it up and said, "Hello! Grammy?" It was funny! She talks to my mom on the phone a lot.
As the kids took naps in the afternoon, I played on the computer and ate all the Bugles and cashews out of the Chex mix Linda gave me. Pretty soon, it was time to go to my parents' house. We had a lot of fun there, too. One of the highlights was Jamie screaming like a little girl as he opened the toy tools that my brother and his family gave him. Quite amusing. I got some great gifts! Some iTunes gift cards, a new DVD player, and the best of all...a Keurig! Google it. You'll want one. It's pretty awesome!
The only thing that would've made Christmas better was if there was some Jones Soda holiday packs available. There weren't. We were sad.
So that about sums it up! I suppose it could be longer, but my fingers hurt and I have stuff to do.
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun Christmas!
I wish I would have been able to see you and Meisha sing.
Looks like the kids got lots of good loot. I have their gifts and one for you in my closet. :)
I can't believe there will be no Jone's Soda reviews this year!
I'm off to Google a Keurig
I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! I still stress over whether or not each of the girls got good gifts. I'm not sure why, because most of the time they are happy with everything.
I would have been freaking out about being stuck! ha. I'm glad you were able to get there a different way and enjoy time with them.
Love the pictures. I am hoping by next Christmas you can post any picture you want to. Love you!
Post a Comment