Monday, November 09, 2009

Monday Madness!

Hmmm. where to start?

Mondays are always filled with madness lately. Ever since the bank merged with our sister bank, we have been SO busy!! Actually, the madness isn't just contained to Mondays. It spreads out over the week. It's nice to be busy, but it's almost too much at times. I am one of the people that has a lot of responsibility, which is nice, but it's not stuff I can delegate. No one else knows how to do it. With the new bank, only certain people are allowed to do certain things, so guess who gets to do a lot of them? You can't see me, but I'm raising my hand.

The nice thing is that I know I was missed when I was sick! :) But I had a moderately huge pile of work when I got back. Ugh. It was hard to go from laying around for 5 days to standing on your feet all day and only getting to sit down at lunch. And I didn't get through my pile. Tomorrow, though - that's my goal!

I am thankful, though. I like my job and the people I work with. I know that I am fortunate to work there, even if it makes me crazy at times! :) I can't believe that my work spouse and I have been there almost 10 years. Yikes! If it wasn't for her and a couple of others, I don't know if I would've made it this long. They keep me sane. :)

Well, I'm off to relax for the rest of the night. It's my TV night. I love Mondays!


Did I just say that?!?

7 comments:

Jacob said...

Yikes! A big pile of stuff and standing on your feet all day? Not fun at all.
I'm glad that you like your job too! :)

Glad you got to post today! Love you! And hope you're feeling back to normal again!

~Rachel

Kathy said...

Good to see your post, to hear your day was busy but you made it through and I think you deserve to rest, it's hard to go back to work after being sick!

you have been missed!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are watching Castle right now!

Unknown said...

Emily, Glad your feeling better...just remember one thing if your the only one that can do things your more secure in that postion.Did you watch Castle? Oh it was so good...Lisa

September said...

Why yes, yes you did just say that. It sounds like you are feeling and doing much better! I'm glad you are. Hopefully the sick bug will quickly be gone from your house and far, far away.
Glad you have your Saneys to help with the Zanys. And, yes, I did just say that.

Love you!!

jkthatch said...

Welcome, back, Emily! Glad you are feeling better. janet

jegr said...

I can imagine that a Monday especially at a bank would be busy. I like busy days because they go faster, but then there is something to be said for down time. I think if everyday were hectic I'd go crazy. Yes, the pile will be waiting. They always are. :) Glad you're feeling better!