Monday, January 12, 2009

the one word project

If any of you are scrappers and/or read a lot of blogs, then you may have heard of Ali Edwards and her one word project. Basically, every year she picks a word that she wants to bring more of into her life throughout the year. She has a lot of ideas to help you display your word in your studio or somewhere else in your home.


I have decided that my word for this year is JOY. I found this definition of joy that I really liked:

1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.
2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated.
3. the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4. a state of happiness or felicity.–verb (used without object)
5. to feel joy; be glad; rejoice.–verb (used with object)


My favorite part is when it's used as a verb: to feel joy; be glad; rejoice. I know that the year didn't start out so hot in my mind, but I am very excited to see how I can find joy - no, how I can be glad and rejoice - in 2009! How I will rejoice in life, and more importantly, in the Lord? I can't wait to find out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a great word and a good one to meditate on for 2009.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

JOY JOY JOY - I love it! I will pray too that you have JOY and you can reJOICE always!

September said...

That's great. It's a good word and I think it's thee word for you to start out a new year (especially when it started out kinda poopy).