Saturday, September 19, 2009

34 Lessons on My Birthday

1. When you get a brain freeze, put the bottom of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, as it's the warmest part of your tongue.

2. Never talk with your mouth full. It's gross.

3. Always say please and thank you.

4. Be honest.

5. Always carry a camera.

6. Order french fries with no salt. It's the only way to guarantee you'll get fresh fries.

7. When you have a sliver, soak your finger in water. The sliver will absorb the water and it will come out easier.

8. Wear waterproof mascara.

9. Be thankful in everything.

10. Don't wear lowcut shirts when you go bowling.

11. Don't wear flip flops to an amusement park.

12. Don't eat Culver's and McDonald's on the same day. Blech.

13. Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

14. Don't ask September to share her belly button story!

15. A life without love is no life at all.

16. Yo Gabba Gabba is way more fun if you're dropping acid. No, I do not know this from experience. I just imagine that it would be.

17. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

18. Only buy scrapbooking supplies that you need/know you're going to use.

19. Sometimes when you don't listen, you get hurt.

20. Always bring a jacket to the movie theater.

21. Don't smoke. Anything.

22. Always stand up for yourself.

23. If you can't say anythin nice...be quiet.

24. Black is slimming.

25. Say "I love you" everyday to the people you care about!

26. Always wash your hands.

27. Keep sidewalk chalk outside.

28. Sometimes you don't want to hear about the "etc."

29. Never leave before dessert.

30. Always carry floss.

31. Keep a pen and paper handy at all times.

32. Learn to forgive.

33. Don't take yourself too seriously.

34. Always have and cherish friends as wonderful as mine!

2 comments:

Jacob said...

This was so fun to read. Number 14 will ALWAYS make me laugh. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday. Love you!!

PS...I did not realize that I was signed in as Jacob until I scrolled down. I'm sure Jacob loves you too, but this is Rachel. :)

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

How fun, "Happy Late Birthday" - it looks like you made the best of it that is for sure. I looked at Sheila's blog. I like what you did here. Good points to remember.