Sunday, December 07, 2008

Simply "Snowflake" Sunday

I had a revelation today. This morning was not a fun morning with my kids. Actually, the past couple of days has not been fun. The older two have been in moods, and well, the youngest requires more energy than I have in me. But while they were napping (hallelujah!) I decided that maybe I could change their moods by changing my own. So I decided we would do something crafty when they woke up. At the tea yesterday we had the opportunity to make some snowflakes - with paper and scissors just like when we were kids! It was kind of fun, so I thought M and I could cut some flakes while J & C colored them. It was fun!












This is sideways, but you can see how many we made. It was a fun time, one I'm sure we'll repeat soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seriously made those?!!!! Those are gorgeous!!!! And what a great time with your kids. Wow, that was worth going to the tea!

Emily said...

We did make them! I made most of them, but Miesha made the square one and then a couple of the others the way we learned yesterday! It was so fun!

Anonymous said...

You have a gift my dear friend! They are truly amazing!

I want carrot cake because I thought that cake was carrot cake and it wasn't and I really wanted carrot cake. There should be a law against making a cake that looks like carrot cake but isn't. So no, its not crazy to want the chocolate cake. ;)

September said...

Those are such pretty snowflakes! I'm very impressed, my crafty friend.
So did it improve their moods as well as your own?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And what a fun way to spend time with your children.

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting to spent fun quality time with you kiddos! :)
The snowflakes are awesome...even though I'm not a huge fan of the real ones.