I realize I have not written about our vacation yet, but I will get to that as soon as I upload pictures. I just have to share my weekend so far, because I think it constitutes another vacation.
On Friday afternoon, about 4:15, I started feeling really sick at work. I had horrible stomach pains! I could hardly stand up or walk. My boss said I could leave early, so I went and picked up The Littles. I had to have someone at daycare help me put them in the care because I couldn't lift Chloe. Poor thing didn't understand why Mommy couldn't carry her. :(
After we got home, I went and laid down. I started having the shakes and chills, and realized that my Crohn's was flaring up. Lovely. I could hardly move at all. I took some meds and was feeling a little better by morning. I wasn't feeling well enough, though, to go with Linda to our planned trip to Coralville. :( I was so sad, but she understood and we made plans to go another time.
The Littles went to my parents' house for awhile. Keith and Miesha had karate. I rested.
Later that night, the Forbes family came over and brought us supper. It was good! They hung out for awhile. Then we noticed how quiet The Littles were. We went in Jamie's room and Chloe was sitting in Jamie's mesh toy basket. We found that the sides had been ripped out. Jamie tried to blame it on his truck, which Keith TOTALLY fell for, but I knew better. It appeared everything else in the room was okay.
A few minutes later, I decided to get Chloe ready for bed. I brought her into the living room where I noticed HER BANGS HAD BEEN CUT! Jamie tried to tell us that she did it herself but there was no way that was true. Needless to say, he got a spanking for lying. :( He finally admitted that he cut Chloe's bangs. September evened them out for her, while I held their precious new baby, Amelia. Now Chloe looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. I know they will grow back, but we plan to have pictures taken in the next month, so they better grow fast!
Then before I went to bed, I took my contacts out and one ripped right in half. I didn't even barely touch it. That was fine. I had more. Well, I went to put one in this morning and a large chunk was missing out of it. Grrrr. I keep getting these bad ones, and my doctor won't let me change because he said they are the best brand out there. At least they will order me replacement ones for free.
I decided to give Chloe a bath before church this morning. She kept saying, "I peepee. I peepee." So I was getting her out of the tub and she poops. In the tub. Made it almost 21 months before that happened, so I guess that's not so bad. But still. Ewww.
We had planned to go eat at a cafe for lunch for Keith's birthday because he had to go work at the detention center and then has a meeting at church tonight. Well, the cafe was too busy, so the kids and I went back home to have sandwiches. There was only enough bread for two. Grrr again.
So that's what it's been like so far. I know - I'm whining, but it is my blog after all. ;)
3 comments:
Sorry about your "crappy" weekend.
I hope your week goes better.
Hopefully Jamie Scissorhands has learned his lesson. It could have been worse I guess.
Jacob and Andy said they wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't say anything. I told them, that's because they're guys!
At least she's only 1. I was 18 when I had the Dumb and Dumber haircut!
Have you set a new date for Coralville? Maybe I can go!
Love you! Feel better soon.
I am glad you felt good enough to enjoy your friends. I bet Chloe is cute even with dumb and dumber bangs.
Whine away! That's what blogs AND friends are for.
I'm sorry you had a bad week. And about Chloe's bangs. It was funny but hopefully it's the last time it happens. It seems like an initiation for the youngest sibling.
I hope you're feeling better.
Post a Comment